The Western Illinois Leathernecks (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they clash with the SIUE Cougars (1-2) at Sam M. Vadalabene Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 147 points with SIUE set as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Western Illinois Leathernecks at SIUE Cougars Odds Preview
The Leathernecks dismantled the Calvary Warriors in their last contest, 102-25. Brandon Gilbeck was the games high scorer with 22 points on 10-for-11 shooting. Western Illinois played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 62.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.669. For those same stats, Calvary had marks of 0.0 and 0.219, respectively.
The last time the Cougars played, they defeated the Stetson Hatters, 80-76. SIUE was led by Jalen Henry, who put up 20 points and 13 rebounds. SIUE made 10 of their 22 three pointers (45.5 percent), while Stetson was just 3-18 (16.7 percent).
The physical SIUE offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. Dating back to last season, the Cougars rank 25th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.301, while Western Illinois ranks 266th in FTA rate allowed (0.272).
The Leathernecks have had records of 11-20 straight up (SU) and 10-15 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Western Illinois games have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total since last season (60.0 percent).
The Cougars, on the other hand, are 7-26 SU and 11-16-1 ATS since last season. Over that same stretch, SIUEs games have finished under the projected point total 57.1 percent of the time.
Western Illinois Leathernecks at SIUE Cougars Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Western Illinois, ATS Winner – Western Illinois, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cougars rank 158th in rebounds per game (36.2) while the Leathernecks rank 205th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Western Illinois ranks 240th in steals per game (5.2) while SIUE ranks 275th (4.5).
- Western Illinois ranks 86th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while SIUE ranks 307th (16.9).
- The Leathernecks rank 138th in assists per game (14.0) while the Cougars rank 308th (10.6).
- Western Illinois ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while SIUE ranks 173rd (3.6).