The North Dakota Fighting Hawks (7-10, 1-3 Summit) welcome the Western Illinois Leathernecks (6-11, 1-3 Summit) to Betty Engelstad Sioux Center. The Leathernecks will attempt to put an end to a five-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Western Illinois Leathernecks vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Fighting Hawks lost a winnable game to the Omaha Mavericks, 92-91, while the Leathernecks lost to the North Dakota State Bison, 85-69.
Western Illinois had a turnover percentage of 6.6 (better than their season average of 15.6) while North Dakota had a better effective field goal percentage (0.570 vs. 0.530). North Dakota rallied around Conner Avants, who recorded 24 points and six rebounds. Brandon Gilbeck was a key piece for Western Illinois with eight points, 12 rebounds and five blocks.
North Dakota appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Fighting Hawks currently rank 77th in effective field goal percentage (0.538), while Western Illinois ranks 186th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.500).
Western Illinois Leathernecks vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Dakota, ATS Winner – North Dakota, O/U – Under
- North Dakota ranks 97th in assists per game (14.4) while Western Illinois ranks 225th (11.1).
- The Leathernecks average 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 133rd in the country. The Fighting Hawks rank 136th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- North Dakota ranks 147th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Western Illinois ranks 148th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 153rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.5) while the Leathernecks rank 230th (38.4).
- Western Illinois ranks 33rd in blocks per game (4.8) while North Dakota ranks 98th (3.4).
- The Leathernecks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Hawks have scored an average of 63.2 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (4.3 below their season average).