The Indiana Hoosiers welcome the Western Illinois Leathernecks to Assembly Hall to get their seasons started. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Western Illinois Leathernecks vs. Indiana Hoosiers ATS Odds
Neither team made the tournament last season. Indiana went 17-14 in the regular season while Western Illinois finished 9-20.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Indiana should have a considerable edge. Last season, the Hoosiers defense ranked 72nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.482), while the Western Illinois offense ranked 204th in effective field goal percentage (0.505). Furthermore, the Leathernecks ranked 332nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.173), while the Hoosiers ranked 39th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.190).
Western Illinois Leathernecks vs. Indiana Hoosiers Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Western Illinois ranks 52nd in blocks per game (4.3) while Indiana ranks 198th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Hoosiers rank 125th in steals per game (6.5) while the Leathernecks rank 225th (5.3).
- Western Illinois ranks 252nd in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while Indiana ranks 275th (19.3).
- The Hoosiers average 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 118th in the nation. The Leathernecks rank 257th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- Indiana ranks 155th in assists per game (13.4) while Western Illinois ranks 291st (10.3).