The Western Illinois Leathernecks (5-19, 2-12 Summit) and the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (14-13, 7-7 Summit) face off at Mabee Center. The Leathernecks will try to put an end to their nine-game losing streak. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Western Illinois Leathernecks vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Golden Eagles fell to the Denver Pioneers, 100-96, while the Leathernecks were defeated by the Omaha Mavericks, 93-86.
Western Illinois made 12 of their 30 three pointers (40.0 percent) while Oral Roberts had a much better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 16.7). Oral Roberts rallied around Emmanuel Nzekwesi, who contributed 29 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Kobe Webster played a key role for Western Illinois with 40 points.
In their first matchup this year, Deondre Burns led the Golden Eagles to an 87-70 victory. He scored a game-high 22 points. The Golden Eagles’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Leathernecks. Oral Roberts had a rate of 7.7, while Western Illinois posted a mark of 19.4.
The productive offense of Oral Roberts will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Western Illinois. The Golden Eagles rank 21st in offensive efficiency, while the Leathernecks are 345th in defensive efficiency. The Golden Eagles figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Western Illinois Leathernecks at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oral Roberts, ATS Winner – Western Illinois, O/U – Over
- Oral Roberts ranks 60th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Western Illinois ranks 262nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Leathernecks rank 114th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Golden Eagles rank 200th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- Oral Roberts is eighth in the NCAA with 4.7 steals allowed per game while Western Illinois is 13th with 4.8 steals allowed per game.
- The Golden Eagles rank 166th in assists per game (12.7) while the Leathernecks rank 257th (10.5).
- Western Illinois ranks 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Oral Roberts ranks 131st (3.5).
- The Golden Eagles have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Oral Roberts has defeated opponents by an average of 5.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Leathernecks have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (1.0 above their season average).