It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the Western Carolina Catamounts (15-9, 7-6 SoCon) head to Wofford to play the Terriers (16-10, 8-5 SoCon). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Western Carolina Catamounts at Wofford Terriers Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Terriers lost a winnable game to the Mercer Bears, 70-68, while the Catamounts got blown out by the UNCG Spartans, 82-62.
Western Carolina had a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.245) while Wofford held Mercer to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 31.9). Wofford received a boost from Chevez Goodwin, who contributed 17 points and 12 rebounds. Carlos Dotson, meanwhile was a key piece for Western Carolina with 32 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Mason Faulkner led the Catamounts to an 81-72 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 25 points. The Catamounts’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Terriers. Western Carolina had a rate of 23.3, while Wofford posted a mark of 17.1.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the nation’s top offenses square off. Wofford ranks 56th with 108.7 points per 100 possessions and Western Carolina is 50th (108.9).
Western Carolina Catamounts vs. Wofford Terriers ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Western Carolina, O/U – Over
- Western Carolina ranks 56th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Wofford ranks 275th (31.0).
- The Catamounts rank 84th in assists per game (14.1) while the Terriers rank 140th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- The Terriers average 27.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. The Catamounts rank 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- Wofford ranks 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Western Carolina ranks 126th (3.5).
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (0.0 below their season average).
- The Catamounts have been outscored by an average of 6.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Western Carolina has defeated opponents by an average of 3.8 points.