The East Tennessee State Buccaneers (26-4, 15-2 SoCon) welcome the Western Carolina Catamounts (18-10, 10-7 SoCon) to Freedom Hall Civic Center as the regular season comes to a conclusion. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Western Carolina Catamounts at East Tennessee State Buccaneers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Buccaneers beat the Wofford Terriers 60-54, while the Catamounts had no trouble getting past the Samford Bulldogs 109-78.
Western Carolina played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 29.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.547). For those same stats, Samford had marks of 20.8 and 0.435, respectively. The Buccaneers, on the other hand, forced 19 turnovers and held the Terriers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 25.5). East Tennessee State’s Tray Boyd III had a good outing, putting up 16 points and five rebounds. Western Carolina rallied around Mason Faulkner, who registered his first triple-double of the year. He dominated, registering 16 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Isaiah Tisdale led the Buccaneers to an 85-66 victory. He notched a double-double with 26 points and 12 rebounds. East Tennessee State had a better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 14.7). Western Carolina, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.420 vs. 0.293).
The Catamounts’ Carlos Dotson has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 20 points,11.6 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Boyd III has averaged 14 points,1.6 steals during that same time frame for the Buccaneers.
This contest figures to be a shootout as a pair of the country’s premier offenses square off. East Tennessee State currently ranks 10th with 113.3 points per 100 possessions and Western Carolina is 34th (110.5). It will also be a showdown of opposite tempos as the up-tempo Catamounts rank 50th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Buccaneers rank 274th.
Western Carolina at East Tennessee State Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Over
- East Tennessee State ranks 79th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while Western Carolina ranks 276th (25.5).
- The Buccaneers rank 24th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Catamounts rank 106th (12.1).
- East Tennessee State ranks 82nd in blocks per game (3.7) while Western Carolina ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Buccaneers rank 21st in steals per game (8.5) while the Catamounts rank 200th (5.3).
- Western Carolina ranks 50th in rebounds per game (38.4) while East Tennessee State ranks 132nd (35.9).
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (2.6 above their season average).
- The Catamounts’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 4.9 for the season.