The Clemson Tigers and Western Carolina Catamounts will go head-to-head at Littlejohn Coliseum to open the new season. Clemson opened as a 20.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 139 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Western Carolina Catamounts at Clemson Tigers Betting Preview
Western Carolina failed to make the tournament following a 9-23 regular season campaign last season. Clemson also was unable make the tournament following a 17-15 regular season campaign.
Clemson should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Last season, the Tigers ranked 61st in offensive efficiency, while the Catamounts ranked 242nd in defensive efficiency. Also, the Catamounts ranked 338th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.187), while the Tigers ranked 16th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.185).
The Catamounts had records of 9-23 straight up (SU) and 10-16 against the spread (ATS) last season. Just over half of Western Carolina’s games finished under the O/U total.
On the other side, the Tigers owned records of 17-15 SU and 14-17 ATS last season. Contrary to Western Carolina, Clemson games had a tendency to go over the projected point total (51.6 percent).
Western Carolina Catamounts at Clemson Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clemson, ATS Winner – Western Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Catamounts rank 139th in rebounds per game (36.2) while the Tigers rank 240th (34.0).
- Clemson ranks 197th in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while Western Carolina ranks 259th (18.5).
- Clemson ranks 34th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Western Carolina ranks 256th (8.4).
- The Tigers rank 83rd in blocks per game (3.9) while the Catamounts rank 243rd (2.3).
- Clemson ranks 124th in assists allowed per game (12.8) while Western Carolina ranks 231st (14.3).