It will be a matchup between two tremendous defenses when the TCU Horned Frogs (14-12, 5-8 Big 12) go head-to-head against the 17th-ranked West Virginia Mountaineers (19-7, 7-6 Big 12) at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
West Virginia Mountaineers vs. TCU Horned Frogs Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Horned Frogs fell to the Texas Longhorns, 70-56, while the Mountaineers dismantled the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 65-47.
West Virginia dominated every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.315 (above their season average of 0.262) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (below their season average of 40.5). Oklahoma State was 0.157 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. TCU, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 32.9). Kevin Samuel played a pivotal role for TCU with 11 points and 12 rebounds. West Virginia, meanwhile, rallied around Oscar Tshiebwe, who finished with eight points and 15 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Derek Culver led the Mountaineers to an 81-49 victory. He notched a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds. The Mountaineers’ 46.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Horned Frogs, who had a mark of 26.5.
It could be an error-filled game for the TCU offense. TCU ranks 322nd in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of West Virginia forces the 28th-most turnovers in the country (23.0 percent).
West Virginia Mountaineers vs. TCU Horned Frogs Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – West Virginia, ATS Winner – West Virginia, O/U – Under
- West Virginia ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while TCU ranks 239th (15.0).
- The Horned Frogs average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 81st in the nation. The Mountaineers rank 202nd in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- West Virginia averages 3.7 blocks per game, which is ranked 73rd in the nation. TCU ranks 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Horned Frogs rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while the Mountaineers rank 267th (17.8).
- West Virginia ranks seventh in rebounds per game (41.2) while TCU ranks 149th (35.4).
- The Mountaineers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 9.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 53.8 points per game (11.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (4.9 above their season average).