Expect a defensive struggle when the 14th-ranked West Virginia Mountaineers (18-6, 6-5 Big 12) take on the top-ranked Baylor Bears (22-1, 11-0 Big 12) at Ferrell Center. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Baylor Bears ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bears were victorious over the Texas Longhorns, 52-45, while the Mountaineers fell to the third-ranked Kansas Jayhawks, 58-49.
The Bears made 12 of their 16 free throws (75.0 percent) and held the Longhorns to an effective field goal percentage of 0.331 (below their season average of 0.507). West Virginia, meanwhile, held Kansas to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 32.3). Baylor’s MaCio Teague had a good game, recording 11 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Oscar Tshiebwe played a key role for West Virginia with 14 points and nine rebounds.
The Bears dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last matchup, Baylor won 82-75. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Baylor’s biggest strengths. They made 35 trips to the line, while West Virginia went 34 times. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
This matchup figures to be low-scoring as two of the NCAA’s top defenses go head-to-head. Baylor ranks fourth in defensive efficiency (88.2) and West Virginia is fifth (88.2). Furthermore, the Mountaineers rank 304th in turnover percentage (21.2 percent), while the Bears rank 43rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.4 percent).
West Virginia vs. Baylor Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
- Baylor averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. West Virginia ranks 198th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- The Mountaineers rank sixth in rebounds per game (41.5) while the Bears rank 66th in rebounds allowed per game (32.9).
- West Virginia is seventh in the country with 9.5 assists allowed per game while Baylor is 60th with 11.2 assists allowed per game.
- The Bears rank 148th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Mountaineers rank 261st (17.9).
- West Virginia ranks 77th in blocks per game (3.6) while Baylor ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- The Bears’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, down from 13.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mountaineers have scored an average of 66.2 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (5.3 above their season average).