The Arizona Cardinals (+4) are set to face off against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-4) at Raymond James Stadium. This early afternoon game kicks off at 1:00 p.m. ET and fans can watch the action live on FOX.
Betting Preview: Arizona Cardinals at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
In this Sunday NFC game, Tampa Bay has been tabbed as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 4 points. The Cardinals are also receiving +150 moneyline odds while the Buccaneers are -170. There should be multiple decent live betting possibilities in this game, and Vegas has set the over/under (O/U) at 53 points.
Sharp bettors are siding with the Cardinals. This opening line was originally placed at -6 while the over/under was initially 53.5.
The Cardinals have lost 1.3 units so far in 2019 and are 6-3 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 5-4.
The Buccaneers have lost 1.9 units this season. The team is 2-6 ATS and has an O/U record of 6-2.
The Cardinals have gone 3-5-1 straight up (SU) in 2019 while the Buccaneers are 2-6 SU.
The Cards look to get back on track after a narrow 28-25 defeat to San Francisco in Week 9. Kyler Murray completed 17 passes on 24 attempts for 241 yards and two touchdowns. Kenyan Drake (110 yards on 15 rush attempts, one TD) spearheaded the running attack. Drake (four receptions, 52 yards) and Larry Fitzgerald (four catches, 38 yards) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
Back in Week 9, Seattle knocked off this Tampa Bay crew by a score of 40-34. The Bucs defense allowed the Seahawks to pass for 378 yards and five touchdowns while rushing for 145 yards. Tyler Lockett torched the defense, recording 152 yards and two touchdowns on 13 catches for Seattle. For Tampa Bay, Jameis Winston completed 29-of-44 passes for 335 yards and two touchdowns. Ronald Jones II (67 yards on 18 rush attempts, one TD) mounted the running game while Mike Evans (12 receptions, 180 yards, one TD) and Chris Godwin (seven catches, 61 yards) led the receiving corps in the loss.
Breaking down the offensive play-calling, each of these squads sports a remarkably similar (59-41 pass-to-run ratio on the season. The Cardinals have rushed for 120.6 yards/game and have nine scores on the ground this year. The Bucs are logging 99.3 rushing yards per game and have eight total rush TDs.
The Cards offensive scheme has logged 247.7 yards/contest in the air overall and has nine passing TDs so far. The Bucs have put up 300.9 pass yards per game and have 16 total pass scores.
Defensively, Arizona has allowed 126.9 rush yards and 298.8 pass yards per game. The Tampa Bay defense has given up 311.9 yards per game to opposing passers and 78.1 yards per game on the ground. The Bucs are giving up an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of 7.26 to opposing QBs, while the Cardinals have allowed an 8.38 ANY/A.
Offensively, Murray is up to 2,009 passing yards this season. He’s connected on 184-of-283 attempts with nine passing scores and four interceptions. He’s got a 5.88 adjusted net yards per pass attempt, including 7.06 over the last two games.
Jameis Winston has managed to complete 161-of-264 passes for 2,106 yards, 14 TDs and 10 INTs for Tampa Bay. His ANY/A stands at 6.07 for the season and 6.43 over his last two games.
Arizona Cardinals vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free NFL Tip
SU Winner: Buccaneers, ATS Winner: Buccaneers, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- Tampa Bay has lost six fumbles this season while Arizona has yet to let any get away.
- The Arizona defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks 23 times this year. Tampa Bay has produced 19 sacks.
- Arizona, as a team, has averaged 4.8 yards per carry over its past three contests and 5.7 over its last two.
- Tampa Bay has averaged 3.5 yards per carry over its last three matchups and 3.7 over its past two.
- In its last three contests, Tampa Bay is 0-3 ATS and the over cashed in each of those three.
- The Over/Under for Arizona’s previous game going into it was 43. The over cashed in the team’s 28-25 loss to San Francisco.
- Over its last three matchups, Arizona is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The O/U for Tampa Bay’s previous outing was set at 50.5. The over cashed in that 40-34 defeat to Seattle.
- Tampa Bay has lost six of its last seven games SU, with a 15-point victory over Los Angeles on September 29th representing its only win over that stretch.