The Browns (-3) are gearing up to welcome the Buffalo Bills to Cleveland. This early afternoon game is scheduled to get underway at 1:00 p.m. ET and fans can catch it live by tuning in to CBS.
Betting Preview: Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns
In this Sunday AFC game, Cleveland is labeled as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 3 points. The Bills are also receiving +120 moneyline odds while the Browns are -140. Oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 41 points, and if one team can get out in front early, it’ll probably generate a nice live betting opportunity.
Sharp bettors are hammering the under. This game’s O/U originally opened at 42.5.
The surprising Bills are 5-3 against the spread (ATS) and have recorded 3.5 units so far in 2019. They’ve been a good under bet and have posted an O/U mark of 2-6.
The underwhelming Browns have lost 4.8 units this season. They’re 2-6 ATS and own an even O/U record of 4-4.
The Bills are 6-2 straight up (SU) in 2019 while the Browns are 2-6 SU.
The Bills hope to make it two in a row 24-9 win over Washington last week where Josh Allen completed 14 passes for only 160 yards and one touchdown. Devin Singletary (95 yards on 20 rush attempts, one TD) and Frank Gore (15 yards on 11 carries) provided the running attack while John Brown (four receptions, 76 yards) and Singletary (three catches, 45 yards) shared the receiving duties in the win.
In Week 9, Denver got the win against this Cleveland team by a score of 24-19. Baker Mayfield completed 27-of-42 passes for 273 yards and one touchdown. Nick Chubb (65 rushing yards on 20 attempts) spearheaded the running game while Jarvis Landry (six receptions, 51 yards, one TD) and Odell Beckham Jr. (five catches, 87 yards) led the receiving attack in the loss.
Buffalo has run the ball on 46.6 percent of its offensive possessions this year while Cleveland has an overall rush percentage of 40.6 percent. The Bills have produced 129.4 rush yards/game and have eight scores on the ground this year. The Browns are putting up 121 rushing yards per game and have nine total rush TDs.
The Bills offense has averaged 222.5 yards in the air overall and has 10 passing scores so far. The Browns have put up 247.9 pass yards per outing and have seven total pass TDs.
Buffalo seems to hold an advantage in both areas of the defense. The team’s allowed opponents to run for an average of 111.6 yards and throw for 200.8 yards per game. The Cleveland D has allowed 236.5 yards per game to opposing passers and 141.3 yards per game on the ground. The Bills are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of only 4.60 to opponents, while the Browns have given up a 6.93 ANY/A.
Offensively, Allen is up to 1,484 passing yards on the year. He’s completed 132-of-209 attempts with eight passing scores and seven interceptions. He’s got a 5.42 adjusted net yards per pass attempt, including 6.02 over the last two outings.
For the home team, Baker Mayfield has managed to complete 139-of-240 passes for 1,769 yards, six TDs and 11 INTs. Mayfield’s ANY/A stands at 4.86 for the season and 5.09 over his past two games.
Buffalo Bills vs. Cleveland Browns Free NFL Tip
SU Winner: Browns, ATS Winner: Bills, O/U: Under
- The Bills offense has registered four pass plays of 40 or more yards, while the Browns have accounted for five such plays.
- The Buffalo defense has allowed one pass play of 40 or more yards, while Cleveland has given up six such plays.
- The Buffalo offense has created five rushing plays of 20+ yards, while Cleveland has created four such runs.
- Both defenses have allowed six rushing play of 20 or more yards. The Bills have given up 30 running plays of 10+ yards while the Browns have given up 31 such plays.
- The Cleveland defense has registered 25 sacks on the year while Buffalo has 20.
- As a team, Buffalo has averaged 4.1 yards per carry over its past three contests and 3.7 over its last two.
- Cleveland has averaged 5.4 yards per carry over its last three outings and 4.9 over its past two.
- Over its last three matchups, Cleveland is 0-3 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- The O/U for Buffalo’s last game was set at 37. The under cashed in the team’s 24-9 win over Washington.
- In its last three matches, Buffalo is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- The O/U for Cleveland’s previous matchup was set at 39. The over cashed in that 24-19 defeat to Denver.
- Buffalo has won four of its last five games SU, with an October 27th defeat to Philadelphia representing the only loss over that stretch.
- Cleveland has lost six of its last seven games SU, with a 15-point win over Baltimore on September 29th accounting for the only victory over that stretch.