The Weber State Wildcats (6-5) will be at Reese Court to meet the Eastern Washington Eagles (2-9) in a BigSky matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 5:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Weber State Wildcats vs. Eastern Washington Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Eagles were blown out by the 16th-ranked Syracuse Orange, 66-34, while the Wildcats fell to the San Diego Toreros, 83-66.
Weber State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.492 vs. 0.546) while Eastern Washington had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 vs. 37.0). Tyler Kidd put together a solid game for Eastern Washington with nine points. Cody John, meanwhile led the way for Weber State, putting up 22 points.
The Eagles won the only contest between these two teams last season, 75-70. One of Eastern Washington’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-18 (83.3 percent), while the Wildcats were 10-14 (71.4 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Eastern Washington could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Eastern Washington ranks 55th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Weber State forces the 70th-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent). Furthermore, the Wildcats rank 310th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.2 percent), while the Eagles rank 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.5 percent).
Weber State Wildcats vs. Eastern Washington Eagles ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Washington, ATS Winner – Eastern Washington, O/U – Under
- Weber State ranks 77th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Eastern Washington ranks 128th in rebounds allowed per game (40.4).
- The Wildcats are 22nd in the nation with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while the Eagles are 33rd with 3.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Wildcats rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while the Eagles rank 57th (24.1).
- Eastern Washington ranks 50th in steals allowed per game (6.4) while Weber State ranks 70th (6.1).
- The Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.4, up from 13.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 83.8 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average).