The Weber State Wildcats (12-6, 6-1 BigSky) will be at Max Worthington Arena to go head-to-head with the Montana State Bobcats (7-10, 4-3 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Weber State Wildcats at Montana State Bobcats Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bobcats lost to the Eastern Washington Eagles, 85-81, while the Wildcats defeated the Northern Colorado Bears, 78-64.
The Wildcats had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.644 (above their season average of 0.537), while the Bears had a turnover percentage of 19.9 (above their season average of 15.8). Montana State, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (14-19; 73.7 percent). Montana State received a boost from Keljin Blevins, who contributed 23 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Cody John played a key role for Weber State with 20 points.
The Wildcats won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 95-92. Weber State was effective at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Wildcats made 32 of their 39 free throws (82.1 percent), while the Bobcats were just 23-34 (67.6 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Second-chance opportunities might be scarce for Montana State in this matchup. The Bobcats currently rank 222nd in offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 percent), while Weber State ranks 63rd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Wildcats. They rank 52nd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent). Conversely, the Bobcats force the 38th-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 16.7 percent).
Weber State Wildcats vs. Montana State Bobcats Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Montana State, ATS Winner – Weber State, O/U – Over
- Weber State ranks 47th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Montana State ranks 268th (27.3).
- The Wildcats average 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. The Bobcats rank 98th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- The Wildcats rank 72nd in assists allowed per game (12.1) while the Bobcats rank 241st (16.5).
- Weber State ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.7) while Montana State ranks 197th (1.6).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 82.0 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (3.3 below their season average).