The Weber State Wildcats (5-11, 1-4 BigSky) will be at Holt Arena to meet the Idaho State Bengals (6-8, 3-2 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Weber State Wildcats at Idaho State Bengals Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bengals were victorious over the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, 71-67, while the Wildcats fell to the Sacramento State Hornets, 71-57.
Idaho State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.546 (above their season average of 0.529). For those same stats, Northern Arizona was 0.048 and 0.508, respectively. Weber State, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (15-18; 83.3 percent). Tarik Cool put together a good game for Idaho State with 18 points and seven assists. Weber State rallied around Tim Fuller, who recorded 12 points and nine rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Bengals won the last contest 78-74. Idaho State out-rebounded Weber State. The Bengals had 14 offensive rebounds and 36 total rebounds, while the Wildcats had six and 24, respectively. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Idaho State currently ranks 325th in possessions per game (66.2) and Weber State is 262nd (68.2).
Weber State Wildcats vs. Idaho State Bengals Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Idaho State, ATS Winner – Idaho State, O/U – Under
- Idaho State ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (15.0) while Weber State ranks 132nd (21.8).
- The Bengals rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while the Wildcats rank 71st (33.1).
- The Bengals rank 151st in assists per game (12.8) while the Wildcats rank 224th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- Weber State ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Idaho State ranks 68th (3.1).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Weber State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Bengals have scored an average of 62.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average).