The Washington Wizards (4-4) visit Toronto to take on the Raptors (5-3) in what should be a high-scoring game. Action gets underway at at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on TSN2 Toronto.
Washington Wizards at Toronto Raptors Odds Preview
In the Wizards’ last outing, they fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 130-122. Bradley Beal had a good game for Washington, leading the team in scoring with 36 points on 12-for-19 shooting. Cleveland did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (26-28; 92.9 percent). Washington, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.7 vs. 22.2).
In the Raptors’ last game, they topped the Utah Jazz, 109-100. With 37 points on 10-for-20 shooting, DeMar DeRozan was the game’s high scorer. The Raptors, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.514, had an extraordinary mark of 0.613 and had a free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.224).
It might turn into a shootout as two of the league’s premier offenses go head-to-head. Toronto ranks third with 109.8 points per 100 possessions and Washington is fourth (109.1) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Games including Washington have finished over 62.5 percent of the time, while 50.0 percent of Toronto’s games have gone over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raptors have a clear advantage. They are 5-3 SU and 6-2 ATS, while the Wizards are 4-4 SU and 3-5 ATS.
The Raptors won two out of three games against the Wizards last season. In the last game, the Raptors won 113-103. Toronto’s 12.9 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Washington, who had a mark of 19.5.
Washington Wizards at Toronto Raptors Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Raptors rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.9) while the Wizards rank 13th (42.8).
- Washington ranks 15th in blocks per game (4.5) while Toronto ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Toronto ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.2) while Washington ranks 13th (16.3).
- Washington is 21-3 when they allow below 100 points, while Toronto is 31-5.
- The Raptors are 48-21 when they score above 100 points, while the Wizards are 56-32.
- The Raptors rank first in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Wizards rank sixth (7.4).
- Washington ranks fifth in assists per game (23.7) while Toronto ranks 29th (18.9).
- The Raptors rank 14th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Wizards rank 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Raptors rank 16th in points in the paint per game (43.9) while the Wizards rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.3).
- Washington ranks fifth in fast break points per game (15.7) while Toronto ranks 14th (11.9).