The Toronto Raptors (10-5) will be at home in Air Canada Centre when they challenge the Washington Wizards (9-6). Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto.
Washington Wizards vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
In the Wizards last contest, they lost a close one to the Miami Heat, 91-88. With 26 points on 9-for-22 shooting, Bradley Beal was the games leading scorer. Miami held the Wizards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 24.1). Washington, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 14.2).
The Raptors hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the New York Knicks in their last outing, 107-84. Toronto received a boost from Kyle Lowry, who finished with 22 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds. Torontos effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over New York. The Raptors had a rate of 0.622 (above their season average of 0.548), while the Knicks posted a mark of 0.379 (below their season average of 0.528).
The physical Toronto offense could be living from the free throw line in this showdown. The Raptors currently rank fifth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.235, while Washington ranks 16th in FTA rate allowed (0.206).
Of Washingtons 15 games, 10 have finished under the O/U total, while 8 of Torontos 15 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors come into this game with a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-5 SU and 9-6 ATS, while the Wizards are 9-6 SU and 8-7 ATS.
DeMar DeRozan has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Toronto, averaging 26.6 points and 5.4 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 203 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 213.5. The Wizards won 107-96, covering as 7-point favorites. Washington had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.9 vs. 20.5). Toronto, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.4 vs. 15.2). In the victory, Beal led all scorers with 38 points.
Washington Wizards at Toronto Raptors Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 18th in rebounds per game (43.5) while the Raptors rank 27th (40.7).
- Toronto averages 30.9 three pointers per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Washington ranks 13th in three pointers allowed per game (28.0).
- Washington averages 20.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Toronto ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8).
- Washington is 5-1 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 3-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Wizards 6 road games, while 4 of the Raptors 6 home games have gone over.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Toronto is 4-1 and Washington is 6-1.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Wizards are 9-3 and the Raptors are 9-2.
- The Wizards rank 15th in second chance points per game (12.5) while the Raptors rank 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- Toronto ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (47.5) while Washington ranks 18th (42.5).
- The Wizards average 10.8 fast break points per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Raptors rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (12.9).
- The Wizards average 22.1 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Raptors rank 15th in assists allowed per game (22.6).
- Toronto ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.7) while Washington ranks 15th (4.6).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Washington is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 6.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wizards have scored an average of 104.8 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 93.0 points per game (11.1 below their season average).