The Washington Wizards (12-24) will be at the Amway Center to meet the Orlando Magic (17-20) in a Southeast Division matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Washington Wizards at Orlando Magic Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last matchup. The Magic (4.5-point favorites) defeated the Brooklyn Nets 101-89, while the Wizards (9-point underdog) beat the Boston Celtics 99-94. The Orlando game finished 22.5 points under the projected point total of 212.5, while the Washington game finished 30 points under the projected point total of 223.
The Wizards held the Celtics to an effective field goal percentage of 0.389 (below their season average of 0.527) and had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 13.1). The Magic, on the other hand, knocked down 23 of their 31 free throws (74.2 percent) and held the Nets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.385 (below their season average of 0.511). Nikola Vucevic played well for Orlando with 11 points and 24 rebounds. Ish Smith, meanwhile played well for Washington, finishing with 27 points.
The Magic have won all three matchups against the Wizards this year. The two teams combined to score 223 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 217.5. Orlando won 122-101, covering as a 3.5-point favorite. The Magic’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Wizards. Orlando had a rate of 7.8, while Washington posted a mark of 11.4. In the loss, Bradley Beal led all scorers on the team with 27 points.
Vegas tends to set the total low when the Wizards are playing, as 58.3 percent of their games have ended over the projected point total. Washington heads into the contest with records of 12-24 straight up (SU) and 19-17 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Washington, a little over half of Magic games have finished under the O/U total. Moreover, Orlando owns records of 17-20 SU and 16-17-4 ATS.
It will be a matchup of opposite paces as the fast-paced Wizards will look to push the more grind-it-out Magic. The Wizards currently rank eighth in possessions per game while the Magic are 29th.
Wizards vs. Magic Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Over
- Washington ranks second in second chance points per game (14.8) while Orlando ranks 25th (12.1).
- The Magic rank eighth in assists allowed per game (23.1) while the Wizards rank 26th (25.6).
- Orlando ranks fourth in steals per game (8.5) while Washington ranks 17th (7.7).
- Orlando ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.1) while Washington ranks eighth (15.8).
- The Magic rank fourth in blocks per game (6.3) while the Wizards rank 26th (4.2).
- The Magic rank 18th in rebounds per game (44.8) while the Wizards rank 29th (42.3).
- Orlando ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.5) while Washington ranks 27th (51.3).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Washington is 3-0 and Orlando is 10-3.
- The Wizards are 10-24 when they reach the century mark, while the Magic are 13-9.
- Orlando is 8-10-2 ATS at home, while Washington is 11-8 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 13 of the Magic’s 20 home games, while 12 of the Wizards’ 19 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Washington and Orlando are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Wizards have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Magic have 4 unders and 1 over
- The Wizards’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 4.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 103.4 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 97.0 points per game (6.8 below their season average).