It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the Washington Wizards (2-6), 9-point underdogs, visit Boston to take on the Celtics (8-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228 points and it is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Washington Wizards vs. Boston Celtics Betting Odds
In the Celtics’ last matchup, they were victorious over the Dallas Mavericks, 116-106, covering as 3-point favorites. The Wizards, meanwhile, were defeated by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 113-100, and failed to cover as 5-point underdogs. The Boston game went 1 point over the projected point total of 221, while the Washington game finished 20 points under the projected point total of 233.
Boston launched 35 three pointers, making 15 of them (42.9 percent), while Dallas was 11-42 (26.2 percent). Washington, on the other hand, held Cleveland to an effective field goal percentage of 0.489 (below the 0.543 mark opponents have averaged against Washington this season). Jaylen Brown had a solid performance for Boston with 25 points and 11 rebounds. Thomas Bryant had a solid performance for Washington, finishing with 23 points and eight rebounds.
The Celtics dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in all three games. In the most recent game, Boston won 116-110. The Celtics’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Wizards. Boston had a rate of 4.4, while Washington posted a mark of 12.5.
Vegas is known to set the total high when the Wizards are involved, as 62.5 percent of their games have gone under the projected point total. Washington has a phenomenal 5-3 record against the spread (ATS), despite being 2-6 straight up (SU).
Much like Washington, games including the Celtics also have a tendency to go under the projected point total (55.6 percent). Additionally, Boston is 8-1 SU and 6-2-1 ATS.
The high-powered offense of Boston will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Washington. Dating back to last season, the Celtics rank third in offensive efficiency, while the Wizards are 29th in defensive efficiency. The Celtics should have the edge on that end of the court.
Wizards at Celtics Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Wizards rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (33.5) while the Celtics rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (33.9).
- Boston ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (45.2) while Washington ranks 24th (51.9).
- The Celtics rank 11th in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Wizards rank 26th (42.5).
- Boston ranks first in steals allowed per game (6.6) while Washington ranks 13th (7.7).
- Boston ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.7) while Washington ranks 11th (17.0).
- The Celtics rank fifth in assists allowed per game (23.3) while the Wizards rank 25th (26.1).
- The Celtics rank third in blocks per game (5.3) while the Wizards rank 15th (4.7).
- Washington ranks 19th in second chance points per game (12.6) while Boston ranks 26th (11.9).
- Boston ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (13.4) while Washington ranks 17th (14.1).
- Washington is 12-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Boston is 22-4.
- The Wizards are 31-49 when they reach 100 points, while the Celtics are 60-27.