The league’s top scoring defense will be at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse, when the Indiana Pacers (3-4) face off with the Washington Wizards (2-4). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, and can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Washington Wizards vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Odds
The Wizards come in on a high note after easily covering the 3.5-point spread against the Detroit Pistons in their last contest, 115-99. The Pacers, meanwhile, were topped by the Charlotte Hornets, 122-120, and failed to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Washington game went 11.5 points under the projected point total of 225.5, while the Indiana game finished 25 points over the projected point total of 217.
Washington played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 13.4) and a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.174). For those same stats, Detroit put up marks of 17.1 and 0.220, respectively. Indiana, meanwhile, made 12 of their 30 three pointers (40.0 percent). Indiana was lifted by T.J. Warren, who contributed 33 points. Troy Brown, meanwhile was a key piece for Washington with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
The Pacers captured this series last year, winning three out of four games. In the last contest, Indiana won 119-112. The Pacers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Wizards. Indiana had a rate of 33.3, while Washington posted a mark of 21.6.
Games involving the Wizards have no tendency in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Although Washington has trouble winning games straight up (2-4 SU), they have a superb record against the spread (5-1).
Vegas is known to place the total high when the Pacers are involved, as 66.7 percent of their games have finished under the O/U total. Additionally, Indiana is 3-4 SU and 2-3-1 ATS.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Indiana offense. Since the 2018-19 season, Indiana ranks 16th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Washington has forced the sixth-most turnovers in the league (14.5 percent).
Washington Wizards vs. Indiana Pacers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Pacers rank 13th in fast break points per game (14.4) while the Wizards rank 18th in fast break points allowed per game (14.0).
- Indiana ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (44.6) while Washington ranks 28th (51.9).
- The Wizards rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (33.5) while the Pacers rank 29th (25.6).
- Indiana ranks second in points off turnovers (19.0 per game) while Washington ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed (16.9 per game).
- Indiana ranks 14th in second chance points per game (13.2) while Washington ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (14.1).
- The Pacers rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (43.9) while the Wizards rank 28th (47.2).
- The Pacers average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Wizards rank 18th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Indiana averages 25.6 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Washington ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (26.1).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Washington is 12-0 and Indiana is 27-6.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Pacers are 46-20 and the Wizards are 31-47.