The Washington State Cougars (7-8, 0-2 Pac-12) and the Utah Runnin’ Utes (7-8, 1-2 Pac-12) clash at Jon M. Huntsman Center. The Cougars will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game can be seen on Pac-12 Network at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Washington State Cougars vs. Utah Runnin’ Utes Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Runnin’ Utes lost to the Washington Huskies, 69-53, while the Cougars lost big to the Colorado Buffaloes, 92-60.
Washington State did a fantastic job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent) while Utah had a better free throw rate (0.117 vs. 0.092). Utah’s Jayce Johnson had a solid performance, contributing 12 points and eight rebounds. Marvin Cannon played a key role for Washington State with 14 points and five rebounds.
The Runnin’ Utes dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Utah won 77-70. Utah did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent). Washington State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 vs. 28.6). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The sweet-shooting offense of Utah (56th in the nation with an effective field goal percentage 0.547) will face off against the bottom-tier defense of Washington State (301st in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.534). The Runnin’ Utes figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Washington State vs. Utah Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – Utah, O/U – Over
- Utah averages 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. Washington State ranks 251st in three pointers allowed per game (28.1).
- The Cougars rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Runnin’ Utes rank 97th (3.5).
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while the Cougars rank 165th (36.1).
- Utah averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 98th in the country. Washington State ranks 202nd in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Utes have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).
- The Cougars have been outscored by an average of 13.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Washington State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.