The USC Trojans (18-7, 7-5 Pac-12) welcome the Washington State Cougars (14-11, 5-7 Pac-12) to Galen Center. The Cougars will attempt to put an end to a five-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Washington State Cougars at USC Trojans Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Trojans were victorious over the Washington Huskies, 62-56, while the Cougars lost a tough one against the UCLA Bruins, 86-83.
USC dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.6 (better than their season average of 18.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.8 (above their season average of 31.6). For those same stats, Washington put up marks of 14.8 and 21.6, respectively. Washington State, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (14-17; 82.4 percent). Nick Rakocevic led the way for USC, putting up 19 points and nine rebounds. Isaac Bonton, meanwhile played a key role for Washington State with 23 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Onyeka Okongwu led the Trojans to a 65-56 victory. He registered a double-double with 27 points and 12 rebounds. USC did an excellent job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent). Washington State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (6.7 vs. 26.5).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, USC figures to have a noteworthy advantage. The Trojans defense ranks 30th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.452), while the Washington State offense is ranked 307th in effective field goal percentage (0.470). Also, the Cougars rank 34th in turnover percentage (16.6 percent), while the Trojans rank 253rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (18.2 percent).
Washington State vs. USC Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Usc, ATS Winner – Washington State, O/U – Under
- Washington State ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while USC ranks 220th (23.7).
- The Trojans rank 14th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Cougars rank 174th (2.4).
- USC averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. Washington State ranks 63rd in assists allowed per game (11.2).
- The Trojans average 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 36th in the NCAA. The Cougars rank 233rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- Washington State ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while USC ranks 205th (8.0).
- The Trojans have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, USC has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (3.6 above their season average).