The Washington State Cougars (14-10, 5-6 Pac-12) will be at Pauley Pavilion to go head-to-head with the UCLA Bruins (13-11, 6-5 Pac-12) in a Pac-12 matchup. The game will air on Pac-12 Network at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Washington State Cougars at UCLA Bruins Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Bruins defeated the 23rd-ranked Arizona Wildcats 65-52, while the Cougars beat the Washington Huskies 79-67.
Washington State played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.203) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 27.4). For those same stats, Washington put up marks of 0.169 and 20.5, respectively. Meanwhile, UCLA’s 0.611 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Arizona, who had a rate of 0.305. The Bruins’ mark was above their season average of 0.484, while the Wildcats’ was below their season average of 0.531. UCLA was lifted by Chris Smith, who put up 15 points and five rebounds. CJ Elleby, meanwhile played well for Washington State, finishing with 34 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Isaac Bonton led the Cougars to a 79-71 victory. He recorded 17 points, five rebounds and five assists. One of Washington State’s largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 32 trips to the line, while UCLA went 21 times.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of UCLA. UCLA ranks 243rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the pesky defense of Washington State forces the 59th-most turnovers in the nation (21.9 percent).
Washington State Cougars at UCLA Bruins Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Ucla, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Over
- UCLA ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while Washington State ranks 219th (36.9).
- The Bruins average 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 110th in the country. The Cougars rank 125th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- UCLA is 39th in the nation with 10.8 assists allowed per game while Washington State is 48th with 11.0 assists allowed per game.
- The Cougars rank 85th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Bruins rank 258th (18.0).
- Washington State is 22nd in the country with 5.0 steals allowed per game while UCLA is 43rd with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- The Cougars have been outscored by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Washington State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (3.6 above their season average).