The Washington State Cougars (11-16, 3-12 Pac-12) will travel to Maples Pavilion to clash against the Stanford Cardinal (15-13, 9-6 Pac-12) in their home finale. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Washington State Cougars at Stanford Cardinal Betting Preview
The last time the Cougars played, they won a close one over the California Golden Bears, 78-76. Robert Franks led Washington State in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Washington State played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.232 (above their season average of 0.182) and a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 17.5). For those same stats, California was 0.169 and 15.5, respectively.
The Cardinal will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Washington Huskies in their last contest, 94-78. Stanford rallied around Reid Travis, who was the games leading scorer with 33 points on 11-for-17 shooting. Stanford played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.474 (above their season average of 0.279) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.520). For those same stats, Washington was 0.167 and 0.458, respectively.
The offensive glass should be a huge edge for Stanford in this showdown. The Cardinal rank 95th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 percent), while Washington State ranks 236th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.3 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Cardinal won 79-70. The Cardinal played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.269 and a turnover percentage of 17.5. The Cougars recorded marks of 0.172 and 25.3, respectively, for those same stats. Dorian Pickens was the games leading scorer with 28 points.
Washington State Cougars at Stanford Cardinal Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Stanford, O/U – Under
- Washington State ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (29.9) while Stanford ranks 267th (18.0).
- The Cardinal rank 47th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Cougars rank 241st (33.3).
- Stanford ranks 145th in assists per game (13.6) while Washington State ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.0 points per game (2.5 above their season average).