The Oregon State Beavers (11-6, 3-2 Pac-12) welcome the Washington State Cougars (8-10, 1-4 Pac-12) to Gill Coliseum. The Cougars look to snap a five-game road losing streak. The game starts at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019, and will air on Pac-12 Network.
Washington State Cougars vs. Oregon State Beavers Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Beavers fell to the Arizona Wildcats, 82-71, while the Cougars were defeated by the Stanford Cardinal, 78-66.
Washington State had a better turnover percentage (17.6 vs. 18.9) while Oregon State did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (17-23; 73.9 percent). Oregon State’s Tres Tinkle had a good game, recording 25 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, CJ Elleby was a key piece for Washington State with 18 points and nine rebounds.
The Beavers dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last contest, Oregon State won 92-67. Oregon State’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Beavers had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. four), defensive rebounds (29 vs. 21) and total rebounds (40 vs. 25). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Oregon State appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. The Beavers rank 68th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 percent), while Washington State ranks 222nd in defensive rebounding percentage (71.0 percent).
Washington State at Oregon State Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Washington State, O/U – Under
- Oregon State ranks 44th in assists per game (15.8) while Washington State ranks 204th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Beavers rank 67th in rebounds per game (38.1) while the Cougars rank 178th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- The Beavers rank sixth in blocks per game (5.8) while the Cougars rank 151st (2.6).
- Oregon State ranks 117th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while Washington State ranks 262nd (26.8).
- The Cougars have been outscored by an average of 11.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Beavers have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (5.6 above their season average).