It will be a battle between two tremendous defenses when the 23rd-ranked Colorado Buffaloes (15-4, 5-2 Pac-12) go head-to-head against the Washington Huskies (12-8, 2-5 Pac-12) at CU Events Center. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Washington Huskies at Colorado Buffaloes ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Buffaloes won big over the Washington State Cougars, 78-56, while the Huskies lost a winnable game to the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 67-66.
Colorado dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had a great free throw rate of 0.298 (above their season average of 0.284) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 31.7). For those same stats, Washington State put up marks of 0.068 and 20.0, respectively. Washington, on the other hand, made nine of their 20 three pointers (45.0 percent). Lucas Siewert led the way for Colorado, finishing with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Washington received a boost from Hameir Wright, who put up 12 points and nine rebounds.
The Huskies dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the last game, Washington won 66-61. The Huskies’ 13.4 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Buffaloes, who had a mark of 21.8. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Baskets could be hard to come by as a pair of the nation’s best defenses clash. Colorado currently ranks 20th in defensive efficiency (88.7) and Washington is 34th (91.2). Additionally, the Huskies are among the NCAA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 24th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.283). The Buffaloes, however, rank 41st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.172).
Washington vs. Colorado Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Under
- Colorado ranks 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Washington ranks 191st (23.1).
- The Huskies average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 85th in the country. The Buffaloes rank 186th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Colorado ranks 32nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Washington ranks 133rd (35.1).
- The Buffaloes rank 50th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Huskies rank 163rd (13.3).
- Washington ranks third in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while Colorado ranks 105th (3.5).
- During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- The Huskies have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 7.7 points.