Alex Ovechkin, John Carlson, and the Washington Capitals will do battle against Travis Konecny, Oskar Lindblom, and the Philadelphia Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center for a divisional tilt. The game gets started at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, and fans at home will be able to witness it live on NBC Sports Network.
Washington Capitals at Philadelphia Flyers Odds
The Capitals (-120) are the favorite over the Flyers (+100) and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 7 goals (-115 over, -105 under).
Washington is 13-6 straight up (SU) and has earned 5.3 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 19 regular season contests, 14 of its games have gone over the total, while five have gone under and none have pushed. The Caps are 8-2 SU as an away team in 2019-20.
Washington has converted on 23.9 percent of its power play chances this season, a figure that’s good enough for seventh-best in the NHL. Its penalty kill is ranked seventh overall, and it has successfully killed off 85.5 percent of all penalties..
Sporting a .898 save percentage and 27.2 saves per game, Braden Holtby (8-5-3) has been the primary option in goal for Washington this year. If head coach Todd Reirden decides to rest him, however, the team may turn to Ilya Samsonov (5-2-1), who has a .915 save percentage and 2.45 goals against average this year.
Philadelphia is 10-7 straight up (SU) and has netted moneyline bettors 3.5 units this year. Through 17 regular season outings, nine of its games have gone under the total, while eight have gone over and none have pushed. It’s 6-2 SU as the home team this season.
The Flyers have converted on just 21.5 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked seventh overall, and it’s successfully killed off 85.4 percent of all penalties.
Carter Hart has stopped 19.8 shots per game as the primary choice in goal for the Flyers. Hart has six wins, five losses, and one overtime loss and has registered a fairly-weak .893 save percentage and 2.71 goals against average this season.
Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers Free Picks
Free Pick: SU Winner – Capitals, O/U – Under
- Over Washington’s last ten games, five of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 5-0 in those games).
- The Flyers are 3-0 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Capitals are 7-1 SU in games where they serve more minutes than the opposition.
- Philadelphia (3-2 in shootouts this season) has more experience in games decided by shootout. Washington has only participated in two shootouts this year, winning one and losing the other.
- Washington skaters have averaged 8.8 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 10.1 giveaways per game (ranked 14th in the league).
- Philadelphia skaters have averaged 12.8 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 11.4 giveaways per game (ranked 21st in the NHL).
- Washington skaters have given out the 11th-most hits in the league (22.6 per game), but that number’s down to just 18.0 hits over their last five away games.