The Miami Hurricanes (12-12, 4-10 ACC) welcome the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (11-13, 4-10 ACC) to Watsco Center. The Demon Deacons will attempt to put an end to a five-game road losing streak. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Miami Hurricanes ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Hurricanes had no trouble getting past the Boston College Eagles 85-58, while the Demon Deacons defeated the North Carolina Tar Heels 74-57.
The Demon Deacons made 19 of their 22 free throws (86.4 percent) and held the Tar Heels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.341 (below their season average of 0.457). Meanwhile, Miami’s 0.327 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Boston College, who had a mark of 0.129. The Hurricanes’ mark was above their season average of 0.220, while the Eagles’ was below their season average of 0.208. Miami received a boost from Isaiah Wong, who recorded 21 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Brandon Childress fueled Wake Forest with 14 points and 10 assists.
The Hurricanes captured this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the most recent game, Miami won 79-71. One of Miami’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Wake Forest had 16. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Wake Forest might struggle to create turnovers. Miami ranks 72nd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.6 percent), while Wake Forest forces the 16th-fewest turnovers (16.2 percent). Moreover, the Demon Deacons rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.309), while the Hurricanes rank eighth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.152).
Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Miami Hurricanes Free Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Over
- Wake Forest averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. Miami ranks 257th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Hurricanes rank 177th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while the Demon Deacons rank 227th (19.3).
- Miami averages 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 151st in the country. Wake Forest ranks 197th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- The Demon Deacons rank 130th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the Hurricanes rank 251st (16.2).
- Miami averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 81st in the country. Wake Forest ranks 145th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- During their last five games, the Demon Deacons have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (1.8 below their season average).
- The Hurricanes have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Miami has lost by an average of 2.6 points.