The Penn State Nittany Lions (6-1) will be 12-point favorites at home in the Bryce Jordan Center when they take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-3). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 145 points and it will air on ESPNU at 9:15 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Penn State Nittany Lions ATS Odds
In their last game, the Nittany Lions won big over the Syracuse Orange, 85-64, while the Demon Deacons fell to the 14th-ranked Arizona Wildcats, 73-66.
Penn State played a nearly flawless contest. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 52.3 (above their season average of 30.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.478 (below their season average of 0.530). For those same stats, Syracuse was 17.1 and 0.389, respectively. Wake Forest, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (23-26; 88.5 percent). Mike Watkins had a good game for Penn State, contributing 15 points and 16 rebounds. Wake Forest, meanwhile, rallied around Olivier Sarr, who put up 21 points and 13 rebounds.
It’s tough to find a trend for Demon Deacons games in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Wake Forest heads into the game with records of 5-3 straight up (SU) and 5-3 against the spread (ATS).
Much like to Wake Forest, Nittany Lions games have no tendency in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Additionally, Penn State owns records of 6-1 SU and 4-2 ATS.
The offense of Wake Forest will face off against the top-notch defense of Penn State. Since the 2018-19 season, the Demon Deacons rank 274th in offensive efficiency, while the Nittany Lions are 89th in defensive efficiency. The Nittany Lions figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Wake Forest at Penn State Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Penn State, ATS Winner – Penn State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Penn State ranks 32nd in steals per game (8.1) while Wake Forest ranks 278th (4.8).
- The Nittany Lions rank 14th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Demon Deacons rank 168th (22.3).
- Wake Forest averages 38.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 36th in the NCAA. Penn State ranks 148th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- The Nittany Lions rank 54th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Demon Deacons rank 239th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Penn State ranks 93rd in assists allowed per game (12.1) while Wake Forest ranks 261st (14.6).