The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-5) will be at McCamish Pavilion to challenge the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-5) in an ACC matchup. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Yellow Jackets easily got past the Lamar Cardinals 88-69, while the Demon Deacons were victorious over the North Carolina A&T Aggies 90-78.
Wake Forest played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 54.8 and a free throw rate of 0.464. North Carolina A&T recorded marks of 22.9 and 0.220, respectively, for those same stats. The Yellow Jackets, meanwhile, had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.603 vs. 0.425) and had a better turnover percentage (17.2 vs. 20.3). Jose Alvarado had a good game for Georgia Tech with 14 points and five assists. Meanwhile, Wake Forest was led by Jaylen Hoard, who had 19 points and 13 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last contest, the Yellow Jackets won 64-56. Georgia Tech’s 0.316 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Wake Forest, who had a rate of 0.175. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Brandon Childress and Hoard have played well over the last five games for Wake Forest. Childress has averaged 0 points per game, while Hoard has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
When considering effective field goal percentage, Georgia Tech figures to have a significant edge. The Yellow Jackets defense ranks 11th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.430), while the Wake Forest offense is ranked 234th in effective field goal percentage (0.501). Also, the Demon Deacons rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.354), while the Yellow Jackets rank 275th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.259).
Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, ATS Winner – Wake Forest, O/U – Over
- Georgia Tech ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Wake Forest ranks 136th (22.9).
- The Demon Deacons rank 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.5) while the Yellow Jackets rank 90th (33.8).
- Georgia Tech ranks 55th in steals per game (7.7) while Wake Forest ranks 89th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Yellow Jackets average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 76th in the NCAA. The Demon Deacons rank 176th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Georgia Tech ranks 19th in blocks per game (5.2) while Wake Forest ranks 105th (3.2).
- The Yellow Jackets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 9.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Demon Deacons have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.4 points per game (4.2 above their season average).