The Saint Joseph’s Hawks (6-5) will be at home in Michael J. Hagan ’85 Arena when they meet the Wagner Seahawks (5-5). Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Wagner Seahawks vs. Saint Joseph’s Hawks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Hawks beat the Old Dominion Monarchs, 79-64, while the Seahawks got blown out by the Seton Hall Pirates, 89-49.
Saint Joseph’s played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.315 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574. Old Dominion was 0.113 and 0.460, respectively, for those same stats. Wagner, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 36.7). Saint Joseph’s was led by Pierfrancesco Oliva, who put up 17 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, AJ Sumbry was a key piece for Wagner with 12 points.
Charlie Brown has taken his game to another level as of late for Saint Joseph’s, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Second-chance points could be rare for Saint Joseph’s in this contest. The Hawks rank 336th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.2 percent), while Wagner ranks 59th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent).
Wagner Seahawks at Saint Joseph’s Hawks ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Under
- Wagner ranks 64th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 228th in three pointers allowed per game (27.0).
- The Seahawks are 23rd in the country with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while the Hawks are 44th with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- Wagner averages 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 150th in the country. Saint Joseph’s ranks 164th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Hawks rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Seahawks rank 131st (7.3).
- Wagner ranks 47th in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 141st (35.7).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (1.0 above their season average).
- The Seahawks have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Wagner has defeated opponents by an average of 0.7 points.