The Wagner Seahawks (0-1) will travel to the Bryce Jordan Center to square off against the Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0). Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Wagner Seahawks at Penn State Nittany Lions ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Nittany Lions dismantled the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 84-46, while the Seahawks were blown out by the 12th-ranked Seton Hall Pirates, 105-71.
Penn State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.603. For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore was 0.111 and 0.370, respectively. Wagner, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 20.0). Mike Watkins had a good game for Penn State with 12 points, 11 rebounds and seven blocks. Wagner, meanwhile, was led by Patrick Szpir, who contributed 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The offense of Wagner will square off against the top-notch defense of Penn State. Dating back to last season, the Seahawks rank 301st in offensive efficiency, while the Nittany Lions are 82nd in defensive efficiency. The Nittany Lions should have the edge on that end of the court.
Wagner Seahawks vs. Penn State Nittany Lions ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Penn State, ATS Winner – Penn State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Penn State ranks 31st in steals per game (7.7) while Wagner ranks 167th (6.1).
- The Seahawks rank 120th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Nittany Lions rank 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Wagner averages 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 117th in the NCAA. Penn State ranks 122nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- The Nittany Lions rank 13th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while the Seahawks rank 102nd (21.3).
- Penn State ranks 219th in assists per game (12.4) while Wagner ranks 250th (11.7).