To get their season started, the Wagner Seahawks will travel to Mizzou Arena and go head-to-head against the Missouri Tigers (1-0). Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Wagner Seahawks at Missouri Tigers Odds Preview
In the Tigers last game, they beat the Iowa State Cyclones, 74-59. With 17 points on 6-for-7 shooting, Kevin Puryear was the top scorer from either team. Missouri dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.196 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.627. Iowa State was 0.082 and 0.443, respectively, for those same stats.
Last season, Wagner did not make the tournament following a 16-14 regular season campaign.
Wagner could struggle to create turnovers. Dating back to last season, Missouri ranks 80th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.4 percent), while Wagner forced the 189th-most turnovers (18.7 percent). Furthermore, the 39th-ranked defense of the Seahawks (opponents effective field goal percentage of 0.469) will face off against the 334th-ranked offense of the Tigers (effective field goal percentage of 0.457).
Last season, the Seahawks were 16-14 straight up (SU) and 1-3 against the spread (ATS). Of Wagners 4 games last year, three finished over the projected point total.
On the other hand, the Tigers, are 9-24 SU and 14-14-2 ATS since last season. There does not appear to be a trend for Missouris games over that same time frame in regards to the projected point total as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Wagner Seahawks vs. Missouri Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – Wagner, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 133rd in steals per game (6.3) while the Seahawks rank 254th (4.9).
- Missouri ranks 237th in assists per game (12.2) while Wagner ranks 291st (10.9).
- Wagner averages 39.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 24th in the nation. Missouri ranks 300th in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- The Seahawks rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Tigers rank 250th (4.4).
- Missouri ranks 89th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while Wagner ranks 259th (18.4).