The Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (1-20, 0-8 NEC) welcome the Wagner Seahawks (5-13, 2-5 NEC) to William H. Detrick Gymnasium. The Blue Devils will attempt to snap their eight-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Wagner Seahawks at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils ATS Odds
Both teams lost big in their last contest. The Blue Devils fell to the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 82-54, while the Seahawks were defeated by the Bryant Bulldogs, 79-58.
Wagner forced Bryant into a turnover percentage of 23.4 (above their season average of 16.9) while Central Connecticut State had a better turnover percentage (17.7 vs. 19.6). Central Connecticut State’s Xavier Wilson had a solid performance, contributing 13 points. Meanwhile, Elijah Ford played a pivotal role for Wagner with 19 points and seven rebounds.
The Seahawks dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last contest, Wagner won 63-57. Wagner had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.521 vs. 0.349). Central Connecticut State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (13.4 vs. 18.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Wagner vs. Central Connecticut State Free Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Wagner, ATS Winner – Wagner, O/U – Under
- Wagner ranks 107th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Central Connecticut State ranks 271st (17.6).
- The Blue Devils rank 96th in steals per game (6.9) while the Seahawks rank 136th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Seahawks rank 128th in assists per game (13.2) while the Blue Devils rank 248th (9.5).
- Wagner ranks 157th in rebounds per game (35.7) while Central Connecticut State ranks 276th (31.1).
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (0.1 above their season average).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 20.2, up from 18.6 for the season.