NEC foes will clash when the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (13-16, 6-10 NEC) clash with the Wagner Seahawks (20-7, 13-3 NEC) at William H. Detrick Gymnasium. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Wagner Seahawks vs. Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Betting Preview
In the Seahawks’ last outing, they were victorious over the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds, 78-74. JoJo Cooper was Wagner’s high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting. The Seahawks had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 17.0) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.516 (above their season average of 0.508).
The Blue Devils will look to keep it rolling after beating the Robert Morris Colonials in their last contest, 65-58. Central Connecticut State rallied around Tyler Kohl, who was the team’s leading scorer with 17 points on 5-for-17 shooting. The Blue Devils held the Colonials to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.9 (below their season average of 32.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.365 (below their season average of 0.473).
Central Connecticut State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Wagner currently ranks 50th in defensive efficiency, while the Blue Devils rank 284th in offensive efficiency.
Kohl has been outstanding over the last five games for Central Connecticut State, averaging 23.4 points, 11.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Seahawks won 72-59. Wagner made 12 of its 28 three pointers (42.9 percent). Central Connecticut State, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.321 vs. 0.214). Cooper put up a double-double in the victory with 14 points and 12 assists.
Wagner Seahawks at Central Connecticut State Blue Devils Free Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Central Connecticut State, ATS Winner – Central Connecticut State, O/U – Under
- The Blue Devils rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Seahawks rank 122nd (3.6).
- Wagner averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 93rd in the NCAA. Central Connecticut State ranks 162nd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Wagner ranks 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Central Connecticut State ranks 231st (24.0).
- The Seahawks rank 44th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Blue Devils rank 153rd (13.6).
- Wagner ranks 26th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Central Connecticut State ranks 125th (36.0).
- The Blue Devils’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 84.2 points per game (8.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (5.9 above their season average).