The Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (9-15, 6-7 NEC) look to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Wagner when they welcome the Seahawks (18-6, 11-2 NEC) to Rothman Center. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Wagner Seahawks at Fairleigh Dickinson Knights Betting Preview
In the Seahawks last contest, they had no trouble getting past the Bryant Bulldogs, 96-76. Blake Francis was the games leading scorer with 29 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Wagner dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 18.0) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 35.6). Bryant was 21.6 and 28.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The Knights hope to maintain momentum after topping the Sacred Heart Pioneers in their last contest, 77-67. Fairleigh Dickinson rallied around Kaleb Bishop, who recorded 12 points and 11 rebounds. The Knights had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.595 (above their season average of 0.496) and had a turnover percentage of 15.0 (better than their season average of 17.1).
Fairleigh Dickinson might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Wagner ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency while the Knights rank 258th in offensive efficiency. Ball security could be troublesome for the Seahawks. They rank 298th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.1 percent), while the Knights force the 44th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 21.7 percent).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Seahawks, it’s been Romone Saunders, who has averaged 15.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals, while the Knights have gotten solid contributions from Bishop (14.0 points and 8.2 rebounds).
These teams have already met once this season. The Seahawks won 73-65. The Seahawks played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.553 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4. For those same stats, the Knights were 0.138 and 25.7, respectively. JoJo Cooper was a standout player in the game, producing 20 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.
Wagner Seahawks at Fairleigh Dickinson Knights Free Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, ATS Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, O/U – Under
- The Knights rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Seahawks rank 133rd (3.7).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 29th in steals per game (7.7) while Wagner ranks 97th (6.6).
- Wagner ranks 18th in rebounds per game (40.0) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 256th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Seahawks rank 33rd in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Knights rank 210th (14.8).
- Wagner ranks 44th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 159th (22.5).
- The Knights have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Fairleigh Dickinson has lost by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (7.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (2.9 below their season average).