The Wagner Seahawks (2-4) will travel to Carnesecca Arena to square off with the St. John’s Red Storm (5-2). The game starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30, 2019.
Wagner Seahawks at St. John’s Red Storm ATS Odds
In their last game, the Red Storm were victorious over the Massachusetts Minutemen, 78-63, while the Seahawks lost a close one to the Stony Brook Seawolves, 87-84.
St. John’s played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 14.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.492 (above their season average of 0.469). Massachusetts put up marks of 20.0 and 0.405, respectively, for those same stats. Wagner, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (17-23; 73.9 percent). St. John’s was led by Josh Roberts, who contributed 16 points and eight rebounds. Nigel Jackson, meanwhile had a solid performance for Wagner, finishing with 22 points.
The Red Storm won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 73-58. One of St. John’s’ largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 28 trips to the line, while Wagner went 23 times.
This contest should be a battle of conflicting tempos. Since last season, St. John’s has preferred to play fast (38th in possessions per game), while Wagner has been more half-court-oriented (266th in possessions per game). It could also be a sloppy game for the offense of the Seahawks, which ranks 305th in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Red Storm, which has forced the 46th-most turnovers in the country (21.6 percent).
Wagner Seahawks vs. St. John’s Red Storm Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – St. John’s, ATS Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Wagner ranks 51st in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while St. John’s ranks 269th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- The Red Storm rank 128th in assists per game (13.8) while the Seahawks rank 240th (12.1).
- St. John’s ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Wagner ranks 99th (3.1).
- The Seahawks average 36.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 121st in the nation. The Red Storm rank 307th in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).
- St. John’s ranks ninth in steals per game (8.9) while Wagner ranks 178th (6.1).