The Wagner Seahawks (8-9, 3-3 NEC) will be at DeGol Arena to challenge the Saint Francis U Red Flash (7-10, 3-3 NEC) in a NEC matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Wagner Seahawks at Saint Francis U Red Flash ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Red Flash lost to the Bryant Bulldogs, 76-67, while the Seahawks got blown out by the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 62-38.
Wagner forced Sacred Heart into a turnover percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 16.8) while Saint Francis U held Bryant to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 26.0). Isaiah Blackmon led the way for Saint Francis U, recording 26 points and five rebounds. Romone Saunders played a pivotal role for Wagner with 12 points and five rebounds.
The Seahawks dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last matchup, Wagner won 91-61. Wagner’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Seahawks had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. six), defensive rebounds (21 vs. 15) and total rebounds (35 vs. 21). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAA’s top rebounding teams go head-to-head. The Red Flash rank 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent), while Wagner ranks 48th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
Wagner at Saint Francis U Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Under
- Wagner ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.1) while Saint Francis U ranks 197th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Seahawks average 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 165th in the NCAA. The Red Flash rank 208th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Saint Francis U ranks 77th in steals per game (6.9) while Wagner ranks 104th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Seahawks rank 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Red Flash rank 160th (35.5).
- Wagner averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 89th in the country. Saint Francis U ranks 146th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- The Red Flash’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seahawks have scored an average of 59.0 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (2.7 below their season average).