The North Carolina State Wolfpack and VMI Keydets will square off at PNC Arena to commence their seasons. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 151.5 points with North Carolina State set as a 22.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
VMI Keydets at North Carolina State Wolfpack Odds Preview
VMI failed to reach the tournament following a 6-24 regular season campaign last season. North Carolina State also was unable reach the tournament after a 15-17 regular season.
Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. North Carolina State ranked 73rd in possessions per game (71.9) while VMI was 181st (69.6) last season.
The Keydets had records of 6-24 straight up (SU) and 9-14 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of VMI’s 23 games with betting action last year, 15 finished under the O/U total.
On the other side, the Wolfpack owned records of 15-17 SU and 11-18 ATS last season. Contrary to VMI, North Carolina State games had a tendency to finish over the O/U total (51.7 percent).
VMI Keydets at North Carolina State Wolfpack Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – VMI, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Keydets rank 142nd in steals per game (6.3) while the Wolfpack rank 247th (5.1).
- VMI allows the 19th-fewest blocks per game (2.5) while North Carolina State ranks 60th (2.9).
- VMI averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 17th in the nation. North Carolina State ranks 240th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The Wolfpack rank 113th in assists per game (14.3) while the Keydets rank 265th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- North Carolina State ranks 132nd in rebounds per game (36.3) while VMI ranks 271st (33.0).