The Samford Bulldogs (9-22, 3-14 SoCon) welcome the VMI Keydets (8-22, 3-14 SoCon) to Pete Hanna Center as the regular season comes to a conclusion. Action starts at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
VMI Keydets vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Bulldogs were blown out by the Western Carolina Catamounts, 109-78, while the Keydets fell to the Chattanooga Mocs, 71-64.
VMI held Chattanooga to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 27.5) while Samford did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-23; 78.3 percent). Josh Sharkey played a key role for Samford with 30 points. Kamdyn Curfman, meanwhile had a good game for VMI, putting up 12 points.
In their first matchup this year, Sharkey led the Bulldogs to a 78-75 win. He recorded a double-double with 25 points and 10 assists. Samford had a much better free throw rate (0.258 vs. 0.076). VMI, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.8 vs. 20.5).
It will be a battle of contrasting paces as the up-and-down Bulldogs will look to push the more half-court-oriented Keydets. The Bulldogs currently rank 21st in possessions per game while the Keydets are 235th. Also, the Keydets, who rank 345th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.165), will face off against the Bulldogs, who rank 26th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.166).
VMI Keydets at Samford Bulldogs Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Vmi, ATS Winner – Samford, O/U – Under
- VMI averages 30.3 three pointers per game, which ranks fourth in the country. Samford ranks 296th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- The Keydets rank 145th in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Bulldogs rank 270th in rebounds allowed per game (38.9).
- The Keydets average 15.9 assists per game, which ranks 17th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 279th in assists allowed per game (18.7).
- VMI ranks 38th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Samford ranks 218th (7.8).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.0, up from 8.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Keydets have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (3.7 above their season average).