The Syracuse Orange, 3-point underdogs, welcome the 11th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers to Carrier Dome to kick off their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 126.5 points and it can be seen on ACC Network at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Virginia Cavaliers vs. Syracuse Orange Betting Odds
Last season, Virginia went 25-2 in the regular season and defeated the Texas Tech Red Raiders to win the National Championship. Syracuse, meanwhile, was an eight seed in the tournament last season and was defeated in the First Round by the Baylor Bears. In the regular season, the Orange went 19-10.
The Cavaliers had records of 25-2 straight up (SU) and 20-11 against the spread (ATS) last season. Vegas had a tendency to set the total slightly high when Virginia is involved, as 20 of their 31 games finished under the projected point total.
The Orange, meanwhile, were 19-10 SU and 17-17-1 ATS last season. In accordance with Virginia, games including Syracuse went under the O/U total 57.1 percent of the time.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Syracuse ranked 285th in possessions per game (66.8) and Virginia was 353rd (60.9) in the 2018-19 season. Furthermore, the Cavaliers ranked 11th in turnover percentage (14.8 percent), while the Orange ranked 12th in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.4 percent).
Virginia Cavaliers at Syracuse Orange ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Virginia, ATS Winner – Virginia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Virginia ranks first in assists allowed per game (8.8) while Syracuse ranks 265th (14.9).
- The Cavaliers rank 160th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3) while the Orange rank 301st (26.3).
- Syracuse ranks 16th in blocks per game (4.8) while Virginia ranks 90th (3.9).
- The Cavaliers rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (29.7) while the Orange rank 244th (36.9).
- Syracuse ranks 20th in steals per game (8.2) while Virginia ranks 209th (5.6).