The fourth-ranked Virginia Cavaliers (3-0) challenge the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-1) in the Battle 4 Atlantis at Imperial Arena at Atlantis Resort. Action gets underway at 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Virginia Cavaliers vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Blue Raiders barely escaped the Charleston Southern Buccaneers 76-73, while the Cavaliers dismantled the Coppin State Eagles 97-40.
Virginia dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 and a turnover percentage of 5.8. For those same stats, Coppin State recorded marks of 0.000 and 24.6, respectively. The Blue Raiders, on the other hand, held the Buccaneers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.487) and had a free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.229). Antonio Green played a pivotal role for Middle Tennessee with 22 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Virginia was led by De’Andre Hunter, who recorded 20 points.
Points could be at a premium in this showdown between a pair of the NCAA’s best defenses. Middle Tennessee ranks 35th in defensive efficiency (97.9) and Virginia is second (88.4) dating back to the 2017-18 season.
Virginia Cavaliers at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Virginia, ATS Winner – Virginia, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Middle Tennessee ranks 103rd in rebounds per game (36.8) while Virginia ranks 299th (32.5).
- The Cavaliers rank first in assists allowed per game (8.8) while the Blue Raiders rank 62nd (11.9).
- Middle Tennessee ranks 261st in three pointers attempted per game (19.5) while Virginia ranks 268th (19.3).
- The Cavaliers rank second in steals allowed per game (3.7) while the Blue Raiders rank 118th (5.9).
- Virginia ranks 119th in blocks per game (3.6) while Middle Tennessee ranks 235th (2.6).