The Yale Bulldogs (3-3) will be at home in John J. Lee Amphitheater when they clash with the Vermont Catamounts (4-1). Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Yale Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Catamounts last outing, they won big over the Maine-Fort Kent Bengals, 90-54. With 11 points and seven rebounds, Vermonts Anthony Lamb had a solid game. Vermont played a perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 24.8) and a free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.234). Maine-Fort Kent was 11.9 and 0.129, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs come in on a high note after topping the Alcorn State Braves in their last outing, 87-73. With 16 points on 5-for-11 shooting, Miye Oni was the top scorer from either team. Yale dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.481 (above their season average of 0.195) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.545). Alcorn State was 0.317 and 0.450, respectively, for those same stats.
Points at the line could be hard to find for Yale in this battle. Since last season, the Bulldogs rank 201st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.244, while Vermont ranks 14th in FTA rate allowed (0.183).
The Catamounts won the only game against the Bulldogs last season, 67-65. The Catamounts turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bulldogs. Vermont had a rate of 16.7, while Yale posted a mark of 21.9.
Vermont Catamounts at Yale Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Vermont, ATS Winner – Vermont, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Catamounts rank 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bulldogs rank 155th (3.5).
- Yale ranks 196th in steals per game (5.8) while Vermont ranks 234th (5.3).
- Vermont ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while Yale ranks 238th (22.7).
- The Catamounts rank 15th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while the Bulldogs rank 166th (13.3).
- Yale ranks 118th in rebounds per game (36.7) while Vermont ranks 245th (34.2).