The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (2-1) and the Vermont Catamounts (1-1) go head-to-head in the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase at Kendall G.L. Isaacs National Gymnasium. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Betting Preview
In the Catamounts last matchup, they won a close one over the Bradley Braves, 65-64. With 11 points and nine rebounds, Payton Henson had a solid game for Vermont. The Catamounts had a much better free throw rate (0.263 vs. 0.145) and had a much better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 23.8).
The Chanticleers will look to keep it rolling after defeating the UTSA Roadrunners in their last matchup, 83-69. With 14 points on 3-for-9 shooting, Zac Cuthbertson was Coastal Carolinas high scorer. The Chanticleers had a much better free throw rate (0.367 vs. 0.159) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.508 vs. 0.420).
Coastal Carolina may have trouble getting to the free throw line in this showdown. Since the 2016-17 season, the Chanticleers rank 328th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.198, while Vermont ranks 17th in FTA rate allowed (0.186).
Vermont Catamounts vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Vermont, ATS Winner – Vermont, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Catamounts rank 48th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Chanticleers rank 126th (6.0).
- Vermont averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 70th in the NCAA. Coastal Carolina ranks 141st in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Vermont ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (16.7) while Coastal Carolina ranks 317th (28.0).
- The Chanticleers rank 10th in rebounds per game (40.7) while the Catamounts rank 262nd (33.7).
- Vermont ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while Coastal Carolina ranks 129th (13.0).