Expect a defensive battle when the Vermont Catamounts (6-3) go head-to-head with the Cincinnati Bearcats (5-2) at Fifth Third Arena. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Cincinnati Bearcats Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bearcats beat the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels, 72-65, while the Catamounts were beaten by the Yale Bulldogs, 65-52.
Cincinnati played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.0 (better than their season average of 20.0) and a free throw rate of 0.311 (matching their season average). For those same stats, UNLV put up marks of 19.1 and 0.238, respectively. Vermont, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 17.9). Cincinnati received a boost from Keith Williams, who recorded 14 points and eight rebounds. Anthony Lamb, meanwhile had a good game for Vermont, putting up 18 points and seven rebounds.
This meeting figures to be low-scoring as two of the country’s best defenses face off. Cincinnati ranks 41st in defensive efficiency (95.8) and Vermont is third (93.9) since the 2018-19 season.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Cincinnati Bearcats ATS Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Cincinnati, ATS Winner – Cincinnati, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Vermont ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Cincinnati ranks 277th (19.4).
- The Bearcats rank 50th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Catamounts rank 144th (3.9).
- Vermont is sixth in the nation with 10.3 assists allowed per game while Cincinnati is 48th with 11.1 assists allowed per game.
- The Bearcats rank 30th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Catamounts rank 281st (32.3).
- Cincinnati ranks second in steals allowed per game (4.3) while Vermont ranks 146th (5.7).