The Vermont Catamounts (10-4) will be at SEFCU Arena to meet the Albany Great Danes (5-10) in an AmEast matchup. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Albany Great Danes Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Great Danes were beaten by the Iona Gaels, 72-68, while the Catamounts beat the Boston University Terriers, 78-72.
Vermont played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.1 and a free throw rate of 0.267. Boston University put up marks of 14.0 and 0.213, respectively, for those same stats. Albany, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 vs. 27.8). Albany received a boost from Devonte Campbell, who had 17 points and 10 rebounds. Anthony Lamb, meanwhile led the way for Vermont, finishing with 19 points and 14 rebounds.
The Catamounts dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent game, Vermont won 72-67. One of Vermont’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 20-20 (100.0 percent), while the Great Danes were 8-11 (72.7 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Lamb and Stef Smith have played well over the last five games for Vermont. Lamb has averaged 0 points per game, while Smith has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
The productive offense of Vermont (82nd in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 110.4) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Albany (243rd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 104.2). The Catamounts should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Vermont Catamounts vs. Albany Great Danes Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Albany, O/U – Over
- Vermont ranks 41st in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Albany ranks 196th (15.1).
- The Catamounts rank 48th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Great Danes rank 124th (3.9).
- The Catamounts rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Great Danes rank 131st (6.9).
- Vermont ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Albany ranks 124th (22.5).
- During their last five games, the Great Danes have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (3.3 below their season average).
- The Catamounts’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 5.9 for the season.