Max Pacioretty, Mark Stone, and the Vegas Golden Knights will face off against Anthony Duclair, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, and the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre in an East-West tilt. AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain will broadcast the game, and the opening face-off takes place at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16.
Vegas Golden Knights at Ottawa Senators Odds
The Golden Knights (-180) are favored over the Senators (+160), and the Over/Under (O/U) has been set at an even 6 goals. The odds for betting the total stand at -120 for the over and +100 for the under.
Vegas is 24-25 straight up (SU) and has lost 15.7 units for moneyline bettors this year. 25 of its matches have gone over the total, while 22 have gone under and just two have pushed. As the away team this season, the Knights are 10-12 SU.
Vegas has converted on 22.1 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a figure that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. Its penalty kill is ranked 22nd out of 31 teams, and it has successfully killed off 78.8 percent of all penalties..
Averaging 26.8 saves per game with a .906 save percentage, Marc-Andre Fleury (18-15-3) has been the top option in goal for Vegas this season. If it chooses to rest him, however, head coach Gerard Gallant might roll with Malcolm Subban (6-10-3 record, .898 save percentage, 3.04 goals against average).
Ottawa is 16-30 straight up (SU) and has lost 9.3 units for moneyline bettors this year. 25 of its games have gone over the total, while 21 have gone under and none have pushed. It’s 11-11 SU as the home team this season.
The Senators have converted on just 11.3 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that places them in the bottom overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 15th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 80.9 percent of all opponent power plays.
Anders Nilsson (28.5 saves per game) has been the primary netminder in goal for the Senators. Nilsson has nine wins, 11 losses, and two OT losses and has recorded a poor .908 save percentage and 3.18 goals against average this season.
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Ottawa Senators Betting Predictions
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Senators, O/U – Over
- The Golden Knights are 3-0 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Senators are 0-3 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in three of Ottawa’s last five outings.
- The Golden Knights have averaged the league’s third-most shots on goal (34.0) while Ottawa has attempted just the 25th-most (29.8).
- Six of Vegas’ last ten games have been decided by two goals or more. The team is 2-4 in those games.
- This game features two of the tougher defenses in the league. Vegas skaters have accounted for the league’s fifth-most hits per game (27.5) and the Sens have registered the fifth-most (27.5).