The Vegas Golden Knights, led by Mark Stone and William Karlsson, are set to take the ice against Pierre-Luc Dubois, Cam Atkinson, and the Columbus Blue Jackets at Nationwide Arena in an East-West showdown. The match will get started at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, and fans at home are able to view it live on AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain.
Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Odds
Columbus (+125) is entering this one as the underdog to Vegas (-145) and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at an even 6 goals (-110 over, -110 under).
Vegas is 8-7 straight up (SU) and has lost 3.5 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Nine of its outings have gone over the total, while six have gone under and none have pushed. The Knights are 4-2 SU as an away team in 2019-20.
Vegas has converted on 25.0 percent of its power play chances this year, a mark that’s good enough for fifth-best in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked third overall, and it’s successfully killed off 89.1 percent of all penalties..
Boasting a .920 save percentage and 27.5 saves per game, Marc-Andre Fleury (8-5-1) has been the primary option in goal for Vegas this year. If Vegas chooses to rest him, however, the team may turn to Malcolm Subban (0-2-1 record, .887 save percentage, 4.32 goals against average).
Columbus is 5-9 straight up (SU) and has lost 3.5 units for moneyline bettors this year. Eight of its contests have gone under the total, while six have gone over and none have pushed. It’s 3-5 SU as the home team this year.
The Blue Jackets have converted on just 13.6 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s ranked 27th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 26th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 74.4 percent of all opponent power plays.
Joonas Korpisalo has denied 24.9 shots per game as the top netminder in goal for the Blue Jackets. Korpisalo has five wins, six losses, and one overtime loss to his name and has recorded a pedestrian 3.24 goals against average and a poor .890 save percentage this season.
Vegas Golden Knights at Columbus Blue Jackets Free Picks
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Blue Jackets, O/U – Over
- After registering a 3-2 record in games decided by a shootout last season, the Golden Knights are off to a 2-0 start in shootouts this year. The Blue Jackets went 2-1 in shootouts last year and has yet to participate in one this time around.
- For both of these teams, the total has gone over in three of their last five matchups.
- This game features two offenses that have pounded opponents’ goalies with shots. Vegas has taken the league’s third-most shots on goal (34.6) while Columbus’s attempted the 10th-most (33.4).
- Columbus has yet to win a game by two more more goals this season.
- Vegas skaters have accounted for the fifth-most hits in the league (28.5 per game), but that number’s down to just 24.6 hits over their last five away games.