Max Pacioretty, Mark Stone, and the Vegas Golden Knights will do battle against Rickard Rakell, Ryan Getzlaf, and the Anaheim Ducks at the Honda Center in a divisional matchup. The match will get underway at 10 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 23 and it’s being televised live on NBC Sports Network.
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Anaheim Ducks Odds
Moneyline odds have not yet been posted for this matchup.
Vegas is 33-30 straight up (SU) and has lost 13.5 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 63 regular season outings, 31 of its games have gone over the total, while 27 have gone under and just four have pushed. The Knights are 14-16 SU as a road team in 2019-20.
Vegas has converted on 21.3 percent of its power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 25th out of 31 teams, and the team’s successfully killed off only 77.4 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 26.3 saves per game with a .906 save percentage, Marc-Andre Fleury (25-20-5) has been the primary option in goal for Vegas this year. Fleury did just play last night, however, so the team might opt to rest him and instead turn to Malcolm Subban (8-11-3 record, .893 save percentage, 3.09 goals against average).
Over on the other bench, Anaheim is 24-37 straight up (SU) and has lost 12.4 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 61 regular season matches, 32 of its games have gone over the total, while 28 have gone under and just one has pushed. This season, the team is 12-16 SU at home.
The Ducks have converted on just 14.6 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that’s ranked 30th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 23rd overall, and it’s successfully killed off 77.6 percent of all opponent power plays.
John Gibson has stopped 27.7 shots per game as the top netminder in goal for the Ducks. Gibson has 17 wins, 28 losses, and four OT losses to his credit and has registered a mediocre 2.95 goals against average and a subpar .906 save percentage this season.
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Anaheim Ducks Free Picks
Pick: SU Winner – Ducks, O/U – Over
- The Ducks are 5-1 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Golden Knights are 3-2 in shootouts.
- For both of these teams, the game went over the total in three of their last five matchups.
- The Golden Knights are 10-6 in games where they attempt at least 10 more shots than their opponent. They’ve averaged the league’s most shots on goal (34.5) and Anaheim has attempted just the 26th-most (30.1).
- Over Vegas’ last ten games, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 4-2 in those games).
- Vegas skaters have dished out the league’s fifth-most hits per game (27.2), but the team’s averaged just 19.2 hits over their last five away games.