It will be a clash between two exceptional defenses when the Rhode Island Rams (10-7, 3-2 A10) square off against the VCU Rams (13-5, 4-1 A10) at Thomas M. Ryan Center. The game can be seen on CBS Sports Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
VCU Rams vs. Rhode Island Rams ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. Rhode Island defeated the La Salle Explorers 78-67, while VCU had no trouble getting past the Massachusetts Minutemen 68-50.
VCU made 24 of their 32 free throws (75.0 percent) and held Massachusetts to an effective field goal percentage of 0.336 (below their season average of 0.534). Rhode Island, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.388 (above their season average of 0.254). Rhode Island rallied around Cyril Langevine, who put up 19 points and 14 rebounds. De’Riante Jenkins was a key piece for VCU with 17 points and seven rebounds.
Rhode Island dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last contest, Rhode Island won 76-67. Rhode Island’s 13.5 turnover percentage was their largest strength over VCU, who had a mark of 16.8. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
VCU Rams vs. Rhode Island Rams Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Under
- Rhode Island averages 38.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 47th in the country. VCU ranks 234th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- VCU allows the 20th-fewest blocks per game (2.4) while Rhode Island ranks 55th (2.9).
- VCU is 33rd in the NCAA with 10.8 assists allowed per game while Rhode Island is 49th with 11.4 assists allowed per game.
- VCU ranks 108th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Rhode Island ranks 235th (19.8).
- VCU ranks 49th in steals per game (7.7) while Rhode Island ranks 106th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- During their last five games, VCU has scored an average of 69.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average).
- Rhode Island’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 4.8 for the season.