The VCU Rams (17-9, 7-6 A10) will be at Chaifetz Arena to meet the Saint Louis Billikens (18-8, 7-6 A10) in an A10 matchup. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 21, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
VCU Rams at Saint Louis Billikens Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Billikens fell to the Massachusetts Minutemen, 67-63, while the Rams were defeated by the fifth-ranked Dayton Flyers, 66-61.
VCU had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 28.1) while Saint Louis had a better free throw rate (0.115 vs. 0.069). Jordan Goodwin played a pivotal role for Saint Louis with 22 points and 14 rebounds. Marcus Santos-Silva had a good outing for VCU, contributing 12 points and 17 rebounds.
The Rams won the lone game between these two teams last year, 71-65. The Rams’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Billikens. VCU had a rate of 16.2, while Saint Louis posted a mark of 23.8. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Saint Louis in this showdown. The Billikens are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.7 percent. Meanwhile, VCU ranks 291st in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.5 percent.
VCU Rams at Saint Louis Billikens Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – Saint Louis, O/U – Under
- Saint Louis ranks 21st in rebounds per game (39.7) while VCU ranks 215th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Rams average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 36th in the country. The Billikens rank 130th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Rams average 9.4 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. The Billikens rank 147th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- VCU ranks 145th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while Saint Louis ranks 280th (16.5).
- The Rams have been outscored by an average of 5.8 points in their last five games. On the season, VCU has defeated opponents by an average of 7.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Billikens have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (6.0 above their season average).